PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
thaydu-jones
Whilst I receive pacifica in the post, if I am away on biz somewhere I would like to read it online.
However, all I can access is the front page, which only has an X at the bottom to exit there.
How do I turn pages?
Regards to all
Trevor
2011-07-16 10:12
bhamilton
Presumably you just clicked the image on the home page? This is just to advertise the latest edition. If you would like to read it you need to:
- login to the site
- go to the Literature->Pacifica Digital Edition page
- click the version that you want, and this should download/open up in Adobe Acrobat (the PDF reader) in you browser.
You can read using the Adobe controls - e.g. Page up or Page down to change pages, and also save the PDF to your drive for furture reference.
If you have lost your login details, just contact web@pisc.org.uk
2011-09-17 12:32
fdanes
How do we access the back digital issues. I can open the current (Jan12) issue, but don't see a link to the 2011 issues.
2012-03-19 02:01
lbootman
Greetings,

Prompted by the last post, I've just looked and confirmed that the links to the 2011 issues Pacifica have been removed.

Since I moved onto a digital only subscription effective January 2011 I do not have any copies of the 2011 issues. I did not see any notification that they were to be removed. If I had I would have saved them as pdf's or printed them off while they were still there.

I am not exactly thrilled that the resource they provided is now lost to me.

Can the 2011 issues be re-instated, if only for a short period to give people like me the opportunity to download them?

Regards,
2012-03-19 13:38
bhamilton
@lbootman The policy regarding back issues has not yet been resolved but hopefully will be revisited at the next PICS committee meeting (24th March). You are correct in stating that links to the 2011 editions were removed form the website - consistent with last couple of years, whereby editions of Pacifica for any given year remain available until the end of February the following year. Thus the links for the 2011 editions were removed at the begining of March. I will contact you separately to sort out your situation.
Bill
2012-03-19 21:06
lbootman
Thanks very much Bill. If PISC give out medals to dedicated officers of the society you should most definitely get one.

Very best wishes,

Les
2012-03-20 11:51
icon