PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
bcannon
There are plenty of Gilbert and Ellice covers on ebay right now, mainly by the seller Rubystamps... mostly in the $20 plus range, some commercial.

Brian C.
2009-07-07 06:20
rklinger
Hi Brian,
sometimes Rubystamps has good stuff but sometimes too expensive.
And: when I was high bidder on a Solomon Islands multifranking cover witha reasonable price
the payed me back via PayPal and told me they couldn't find the cover.......
Roland
2009-07-07 15:10
bcannon
Hi Roland... I have bought one or two items from Rubystamps past without problems, but now I see they don't take Paypal. You have to go through their own credit card system. I thought eBay was starting to "force" everyone to use Paypal.

Brian C.
2009-07-07 22:54
gcrawford
eBay owns PayPal which is why they want you to use it. They promote it heavily, but an actual requirement might bring protests and even some kind of monopoly legal action.

I've bought a couple of times from Ruby, but I think the feedback about them is quite correct. They're generally asking too much. If you wait, they often have to bring the prices down, but only if you're willing to let it go sit a month or so.

If you want just as good items, check into our group leader Kevin Jones' sales on ebay - seller name kj01. More quantity, often better items, and definitely cheaper.
2009-07-10 21:16
icon