PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
hlandsmann
About 2 years ago I have got my new issues from Fiji Philatelic Bureau. When I inquired again, there was no respone. I tried it several times - nothing. I started a further try in December 2012, and - oh wonder - they replied. They asked me whether I want FDC too and then for my credit card details, which I sent. And then....... silence. I asked about the status several times - no response. Does anybody know what's the matter down there? Has someone another source for Fiji new issues at or near face value?
2013-02-22 14:31
anapier
Hi,

The Philatelic Bureau is working OK. I've been in touch a couple of times this week & had answers straight away.

Andy
2013-02-24 10:57
jray
My experience of the Bureau is that they do reply but not always very promptly. I seem to have been taken off their mailing list for philatelic bulletins, even though I have a credit balance with them. Their website disappeared some time ago, so I don't get to know about new issues except through this forum (thanks, Les!) or through my local contacts.
2013-04-10 11:00
diams
"then for my credit card details, which I sent. And then....... silence"
I had the same experience, but it was probably over a year ago.
2013-04-16 02:39
mgreen
I was only thinking the other day that it's been a while since I receive my (sort of) regular set of new releases from the Fiji Philatelic Bureau. Looking back it appears that the 6 June 2012 is the last instalment I have received :( . Not sure what I've missed. I will need to start reaching out to my Fiji Post contacts and see if I find some answers. If I get anything back I'll let everyone know.
Cheers
Matt Green (fijistamps.info)
2013-04-16 12:03
mgreen
Bula to all my Fiji collecting colleagues,
Today I was in touch with Fiji Post via their email address - orders@postfiji.com.fj.
I reconfirmed my postal address and found I had forgotten to update my address details.
I've found that the secret to fast, friendly communications is by always start by stating your Standing Order Account Number at the top of your correspondence.
The team are extremely friendly, the Fiji Post new issues service is certainly in operation, so for anyone seeking information about the status of their standing order account send them another email, I reckon you'll hear back from one the team pretty quickly.
Vinaka Vakelevu
Ni sa moce
Matt Green
2013-04-17 14:01
hlandsmann
Finally I have got my stamps - nearly five months (!) after my order. Well, better late than never. It contained all (I think) 2011 and 2012 issues incl. a 40c on 31c overprint stated to be a reprint. Thus it seems the bureau is recovering and I am lucky for the time being.
2013-04-19 20:36
fdanes
I have had long time success with Post Fiji, though as noted by others it seems like lately there have been some problems with communications and timeliness. I did receive the last two issues noted, the Christmas and the Paralympics issues, as well as some requested copies of the 40c/31-cent overprint. I will be in Fiji this June and July, and will also see if I can get some updates as to best service.
2013-05-05 23:45
icon