PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
ijanot
Hello, collectors and friends of the Christmas Island Local 1918-1938. I need your help, looking. Search already a long time for research purposes a copy of covers. It's about the covers with the Christmas Island postmark from - 5 July 1938 - as well as - 25 December 1938. The most important is the postmark must - black - be. A copy one of the two dates would hand me already. So I hope for your help. In advance for your effort my warmest thanks.
Hope you can understand my lines, I can not speak English. (Translator)
Greeting Ingo
2015-07-11 08:07
pahansen
hi, this may not be what you are looking for, but I found the following item, datestamped 5 7 38, on a page from an old auction catalogue (I believe Auckland City Stamps). I also have covers datestamped 25 DEC 38, but in red, I have not seen black.
2015-08-04 08:56
ijanot
Hello pahansen!

Would like to thank you for your answer. It is intended to Keith Fitchetts study covers the give to Vernon Type 56 Postmark from 5 July 1938 and 25 December 1938 – black --. I have a small study on the for me - red - Postmark from 25 December 1938 started. So I'm looking for the - black - postmark to - red - as a comparison. Also I'm looking at everything I cover can get postmark dated 25 December 1938 - copies - of – red -. So far I have 7 covers copies with the Papeete postmark with slogan and 2 copies without solgan. So I'm grateful for any help. What is here in the forum not nice, although there are some Christmas Island Local collectors here. You very rarely get an answer to cooperate.
Greeting Ingo

P.S. pahansen when a contact is to share experiences. See to my email address in the Pacifica No. 205 (2013).
2015-08-05 14:19
icon