PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
thaydu-jones
Greetings All. Further to my article in Pacifica concerning this un-issued stamp, I rummaged through my copy of the Shreeves Auction March 2003 of the Lester Meis collection, where I discovered under Lot 1515 that he had a block of 4, a pair and a single copy. When I had canvassed the Fiji officionados in our august society, no-one had a block of 4. Thus my estimate of the number of examples known could reach 27 or 30 depending on whether those collectors canvassed by me had actually purchased copies at that auction. Some info please if you have bought from that sale.
2020-07-25 13:10
jray
Hi Trevor,

I have a block of four and can only apologise if I failed to tell you earlier.
2020-10-02 17:33
thaydu-jones
Hi John: sorry for the delayed response. I think you probably did not reply before the deadline for the PISC article going to press. No matter, it does mean the total number of known copies must be in excess of 27. I am curious whether you purchased your block from the Meis collection? If not then the total would exceed 30 known examples, very few of which are marginals.
2020-11-20 12:56
jray
My block was bought in the Robertson sale many years ago; I can't find my copy of the catalogue right now so I can't be sure of the date.
2020-11-30 22:41
thaydu-jones
Thanks for that. I believe I may have a copy of the Robertson main auction sale catalogue I will revert if so.
2020-12-09 12:58
icon