PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
pbremer
Hello everybody!

I need some help with the postage rates of the BSIP just before and just after decimalization in 1966. For what period were mixed frankings of pre-decimal and decimal stamps accepted?

Thanks

Peik
2021-01-28 08:59
jray
I don't know what the position was in the Solomons but I would be surprised if mixed frankings were officially allowed. When the UK went decimal it was a case of shillings and pence on one day and new pence on the next, with no transition period. The same in Fiji, which changed from shillings and pence to cents overnight. On the other hand I know that, in France, stamps denominated in Francs continued in use for a considerable time after the Euro was adopted!
2021-02-03 17:00
pbremer
Thank you, John. In Australia, the period of mixed used pre-decimal/decimal stamps and postal stationary was two years!

Regards

Peik
2021-02-12 08:25
icon