PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
lbootman
Hello,

I've started to compile a listing of the basic types and varieties of these overprints that I am aware of together with pictures. I've been doing it on Stampboards. If you want to have a look at what I've done so far the url is:

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=39235

The list includes the stamps incorporated in Bryan's book plus ones that have been issued and ones that have come to light since the book was published.

It is not intended to steal Bryan's thunder and my intention is to produce a basic list without going into the detail that Bryan did so well in his book.

My question is whether such a list would be more appropriate on this forum than on Stampboards and whether anyone would object to it.

I don't want to tread on toes or cause any offence.

Since non-members can access the forum now it might actually be beneficial to PISC by attracting other people to the site and getting them interested if I post links to the forum page on stampboards etc. The PISC forum has great potential and is definitely underused.

I won't be starting for a couple of weeks anyway due to other commitments so I look forward to seeing any comments or suggestions.
2012-08-22 19:30
jray
That's a difficult question. This forum is the natural home for the topic, and I certainly have no objection to the information being posted here, especially if it results in more members logging in. However, posting on Stampboards gives wider publicity to these issues and might attract more collectors to the field. My inclination would be to use this forum principally, with the occasional post to Stampboards to tell their users where to find the information. This could recruit a few new members for us.
2012-10-17 08:57
icon