PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
jmulik
I have come across the attached photo of a manuscript cancel from 1944 on a Fiji stamp, and I am looking for more information about it. I cannot make out the words written in manuscript. Any information you can supply is most welcomed.

Thank you.

James
2012-09-05 02:51
lbootman
Hopefully one of the members who is an expert on this period will see this and reply. I don't know much at all about this period and the only contribution I could make would be to suggest that the cancel may have been applied in the Yasawa Islands.

There is a cover with a manuscript cancellation of the same period listed on ebay at the moment as lot 290768423255 (I'm neither selling it nor biddng on it)
2012-09-05 12:39
gpatterson
I think this manuscript cancel was used on the M.V. Yanawai as a ship cancellation. The Yanawai was a Burns Philp SS. Co. Ltd vessel trading inter island in Fiji. I believe the manuscript is known used between 18/2/43 and 29/8/44. gpatterson
2012-10-01 02:14
jmulik
Thank you. This is very helpful!

James
2012-10-04 03:46
icon