PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
criddell
I recently obtained a photograph of the above post office which it was claimed was closed prior to the photo (taken in 1997).
The vendor added the comment " I suspect if it did actually operate it would have used the ordinary Nauru handstamp".
Now I have a cover from the DENIG office which has a poor strike of a DENIG cancel dated 5 June 1995. It is a large single
circle with NAURU (POST OFFICE) around the top and with DENIG BRANCH around the base. The handstamp is in black tinged with red where it has been used with more than one ink pad. The mark is faint and partly obscured with the red PAID 5c NAURU POST OFFICE mark. In order to judge the scarcity of this mark, can anyone else report examples?
[Last edited by criddell, 2013-04-30 09:28]
2013-04-23 14:25
icon