PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
pxavier
Dear all, I was recently tidying up some Fiji Architecture material and came across the attached covers with registration markings from Nasinu and Nabouwalu. They don't appear to be recorded in Proud /elsewhere. I wonder if anyone in the group has either earlier or later recorded dates? Many thanks. Paul Xavier (Australia).
2016-08-18 23:05
jray
The only study of registration cachets that I know of is the one by messrs Rodda, Welsh and Henney, published in 1980. They illustrate a cachet for Nasinu which appears to be the same as yours; they recorded it used between 29 August and 12 September 1980. The Nabouwalu cachet in use in 1979, i.e. at the time of publication of the study, is not the same type as yours (it has rounded corners), so presumably a new cachet had been put into use by 1981, the date of your cover.

Hope this helps.
2016-08-28 19:01
pxavier
Hi John,
My apologies for the delayed reply. Thank you very much for your input. I will have a look through the Rodda, Welsh and Henney work. Regards. Paul
2016-09-08 21:39
icon